Release 070 and above are using SlimDX framework instead of Managed DirectX. You don't have to install SlimDX yourself, but you have to install THE LATEST DirectX runtime.
I recommend you to use the latest version. Older versions are not distributed any longer.
- #23664 About CONFIGURATION/System/PlaySpeed option, now you can choose "time stretch" way to change the playing speed. (It changes the playing speed without changing the pitch).
You can enable time stretch feature by setting CONFIGURATION/System/TimeStretch=ON.
By default, TimeStretch=OFF...it is the traditional way; change the playing speed by changing the pitch.
You can use time stretch feature only when you're using WASAPI or ASIO. You can't use it with CONFIGURATION/System/SoundType=DirectSound. (If you're using DirectSound, the setting TimeStretch=ON is ignored)
As the time stretch feature waste much CPU power, it may cause the corrupted sounds.
So you may have to change the settings.... e.g. larger sound buffer size / disable time stretch feature etc
- #31053 Push ESC at NowLoading screen to cancel playing.
- #26284 As of supporting WASAPI/ASIO, I expand the range of InputAdjust to -99 - 99ms.
- #30813 Anti-aliased small fonts.
- #30818 Tuned WASAPI buffer size. (Roughly you can set half size than 096's one)
- #30817 Fixed to be able to change the skin in CONFIGURATAION after entering any MUSIC BOX.
- #30838 Fixed to work PlaySpeed correctly under DirectSound mode. (096 enbug)
- #30839 Fixed BGM playback under SoundType=DirectSound and AdjustWaves=ON. (096 enbug)
- #30843 Fixed not to mute BGM at finished playing under PlaySpeed != x1.000. (096 enbug)
- #31030 FIxed not to become error at joypad inputs.
- #24820 Supporting WASAPI and ASIO to reduce sound lags.
- By default, DTXMania uses !DirectSound. If you want to use WASAPI or ASIO, you need to go CONFIGURATION/System and change the settings.
- To use WASAPI or ASIO, there are MANY NOTICES. Please check readme file carefully.
- #24820 Window titlebar has the sound device type (WASAPI/ASIO/!DirectSound) and buffer size (lag time) information. (The lag time is shown only when you use WASAPI/ASIO.)
- #30675 Record the window position when DTXMania terminates, and restore it when DTXMania start again.
- #24820 Automatically disabled !AdjustWaves in case you're using WASAPI/ASIO. (they have better timer quality and you don't have to use !AdjustWaves)
- #24820 Add some DTX channels (0xDA= Add the sound to the sound mixer, 0xDB=delete the sound from the mixer) They are only used in the DTXMania internally, and you don't have to take care of them.
- #24820 Now, the number of polyphonic sounds are not the same.
- Drums: Same as the PolyphonicSound. (specified in Config.ini)
- Guitar/Bass: 2. (or 1 if PolyphonicSound=1)
- SE/BGM: 1.
- #24820 Add some license information (BASS, BASS.NET, ASIO)
- #23575 Fixed to loop the preview sound.
- #29390 Under FLIP mode, fixed to show CompleteRate/FullCombo etc correctly on the SELECT MUSIC screen.
- #29329 Changed not to go power save mode while DTXMania window is in active.
- #29328 Changed text file character code alias (shift-jis -> Shift_JIS)
- #28938 Faster boot at compact mode
- #28195 Moved skin files to System/Default folder. (You can put several skins into System/ folder, and select it at Configurations.)
- #xxxxx Some refactors for accelerations / easier maintenance.
- #29500 Fixed to save TIGHT mode settings correctly.
- #28937 Fix to recognize song data correctly in case no #TITLE in set.def file.
- #28934 Fix not to be GPF at NowLoading screen in case no #WAV settings in DTX file.
- #28700 fixed to work compact mode correctly. (bug of 093)
- #xxxxx Fixed to be able to open SystemMenu(alt+space) correctly in case Config.ini is not existed.
- #23886 Implemented AutoNeck/AutoPick/AutoWailing for Guitar/Bass.
- #28195 Implemented Skin configuration.
- You can select skin(s) manually at System/Skin(General) in CONFIGURATION screen. In advance to select skin, put your favorite skin(s) in System/ folder (like System/SKINNAME/Graphics (, Sounds/) )
- You can also specify skin folder by box.def #SKINPATH. (ex. if you put box.def file at C:\ and the skin path is C:\myskin\graphics\.., then specify "#SKINPATH myskin")
- When you enter the music box which has skin-definitions (by box.def), DTXMania automatically change skin to it. But if you set System/Skin(Box)=OFF on CONFIGURATION screen, that automatic change is disabled.
- You can also use box.def-specified skin at Skin(General). (Note: you may not specify it until dtx-file^enumerations are done)
- #28200 You can disable to show system menu (ALT+SPACE menu) by Config.ini System/EnableSystemMenu.
- #28223 You can limit the max number of polyphonic sounds by Config.ini System/PolyphonicSounds. By default, 4 sounds per lane is used. Smaller the number of polyphonic sound is, the lighter DTXMania's load is.
- #xxxxx Add anti-aliases(smoothing) to some fonts.
- #xxxxx Stopped the select-music song at playing screen, to decrease DTXMania loads.
- #27060 At remaking songs.db and songlist.db (ex. at DTXMania's version up), DTXMania doesn't set the enumerating process priority as lowest.
- #28201 Changed not to become small-loop the BGM.
- #28199 Show sound filename of loading at NowLoading screen.
- #28607 Decrease score/skill value at Auto play;
- (GR) AutoWailing = skill x 1, score x 1/2
- (GR) AutoPick = skill x 1/2, score x 1/3
- (GR) AutoNeck = skill x 1/sqr(N), score x 1/4 (N=num of auto lanes)
- *(DM) AutoBass = skill x 1/2, score x 1/2
- #28674 Accelerated loading DTX sound files by ignoring non-used chip sound.
- #xxxxx Fixed not to become error in case the lack of skin images. (093 bug)
- #28230 Fixed not to stop BGM at minimizing window.
- #28243 Fixed to play skin BGM sound correctly. (093 bug)
- #28583 Fix to register axis-input from joypad correctly.(093 bug)
- #28606 Fix to work sudden/hidden at quick CONFIG correctly.
- #27029 Added CONFIG/Drums/BD Group feature to use HH pedal as BD. If you set it to BD-1,
- HH pedal becoms BD pedal. You can use two-bass pedals even if you don't have additional bass pedal.
- Don't set HitSound to OFF. (DTXMania can't control E-Drums sounds to mute.)
- Because you can't control HH pedal, some HH Group settings are automatically changed. (HH-0 => HH-2, HH-1 => HH-3.)
- HH Priority becomes C>P automaticcaly.
- The settings of HH Group and HH Priority are automatically restored in case you set back to BD-0.
- #26982 Changed: BD-BD to show quick config menu in SELECT MUSIC screen. (in the menu, sorry "Config Set" doesn't work yet.)
- #27648 Added scrollbar in SELECT MUSIC screen to find the position in the music box easily.
- #27650 Changed history format in the select-music screen.
- #27060 Fast boot feature. DTXMania automatically saves the list of songs and reuse it in the next boot. You'll see "Enumerating Songs..." in the up-left screen while DTXMania enumerating songs. On finished enumerating songs, DTXMania save songs list and erase "Enumerating songs..." icon.
- #27122 Changed how to use vertex arrays/buffers, to solve mass-drawing bottleneck and decrease garbage collections.
- #27787 Omit fade-out and fade-in at selecting song to start playing earlier. I also omitted fade-out at result screen.
- #27790 Faster boot by accelerating loading system sound files.
- #28021 Faster load for #BMP and #BMPTEX only if you use many-cores CPU.
- #28145 Optimezed a part of DTX file parser.
- #28026 Fixed to go to result screen at once even if many BGA images are used.
- #28146 Fixed to work No-chip default sound in LC lane 0th bar correctly.
- #23559 Added Risky feature. You can configure it by CONFIGURATION/System/Risky.
Default setting is Risly=0(OFF). For example, if you specify Risky=5, you'll be FAILED after you've got Poor/Miss 5 times.
- #26338 Added exclusive playing channel. (As I said "overwrite channel" before.)
The sound in the playing channel and exclusive playing channel overwrites each other.
Temporally I assigned channel 0x84-0x89 as the exclusive channel for HH(HO/HC), CY, RD, LC, Gt and Bs. I'll assign OFFICIAL exclusive channel number in the next version. So, please don't use this feature in your OFFICIAL dtx files.
(Sorry I can't modify DTXC to support them now. So I temporraly assigned channels where you can use on current DTXC.)
- #26752 Masked right-doubleclick to go from the window mode to the full screen mode.
- #26752 Added [System] - DoubleClickFullScreen item in Config.ini.
You can specify whether you permit double-click to go fullscreen mode or not.
- #xxxxx Added [System] - SleepTimePerFrame in Config.ini.
You can specify sleep time per frame drawing. Default setting is SleepTimePerFrame=-1 (No sleep). SleepTimePerFrame=0, 1, 2... would be the time to be sleep()ed per frames. It would be helpful if you capture your playing.
- #24007 Again I accelerated of loading chip sound files.
- #25856 Reorder CONFIGURATION/Drums items.
- #26686 Added CONFIGURATION/ShowLagTime option "GREAT-". It will show the lag time if you failed to get Perfect.
- Some refactors.
Bug fixes (All fixes are effective only when BufferInput=ON)
- #26871 Modified to handle joypad -X axis input correctly.
- #26880 Modified to handle joypad "reverse axis input" (e.g. -X => +X) correctly.
- #26880 Modified to handle "release" of joypad POD/HAT button correctly.
- Fixed not to slow down PC in case you assign '0' key to any lanes.
- Added "Sort by Author".
- Added some kind of DANGER effects in Guitar Revolution mode.
- You can capture any screen by [F12]. Captured images are saved in Capture_img folder. You can change capture trigger key by CONFIGURATION/System Keys/Capture.
- Added CONFIGURATION/System/ShowLagTime to enable/disable showing your lag time.
- Added CONFIGURATION/System/AutoSaveResult to enable/disable automatic capturing result screenshot in case you get best rank/skills. Though you can't disable this feature in 090, you can disable it in 091. (And the default settings is: disabled.)
- Modified Information panel in Select Music screen. The descriptions about sort/FLIP feature are added, and now English descriptions are supported.
- Changed desciption in sort menu, from "ascend/descend" to "1,2,3 / 3,2,1" etc.
- Changed preview sound volume, from the value of AutoVolume to 80 (fixed value). It means the preview volume is not affected from AutoVolume.
- Fixed not to be GPF in case you play DTX file which contains invisible chips (31-3A).
- Fixed not to mute cymbal sound by cymbal roll. I found the issue is a sideeffect of my previous change on 087 (acceleration of loading DTX file) and I removed the code for it temporally.
- Fixed to mute Hihat-Close(HC) by HC roll.
- Fixed to show PlaySpeed value correctly.
- Fixed to show @(atmark) in key configuration correctly. To fix the issue, I modified not only the source code, but also some skin images.
- Fixed to swap wailing chips by FLIP correctly.
- Fixed to be FAILED in Guitar Revolution mode in case you did a poor play.
- Fixed to be able to register wailing after the wailing chip comes.
- Fixed to be able to change difficulty by the base (G-PP).
- Fixed AutoSaveResult feature not to be white-out image.
- Fixed to record score.ini file correctly by using HYPERRANDOM.
- Fix to be able to decide by CY in sort menu.
- Fix not to show last sort menu status in case you're in another MUSIX BOX.
- Changed the word "Ascend/Descend" to "昇順/降順" in Japanese locale.
- Sort feature is now available!
- BD-HT (for Dr) or G-G-G (for Gt/Bs) to go sort menu in select-music screen.
- You can sort songs by Title, Level, Best Rank, PlayCount, SkillPoint, and Date.
- Sorting by Level, Best Rank, PlayCount and SkillPoint depends on a difficulty what you're now selecting (L1-L5). If some songs lack Lx what you're selecting, a sorting result for that song is not correct.
- Sorting by Title and Date doesn't depend on a difficulty (L1-L5).
- "Date" means a timestamp of dtx file.
- The sorting results are memoried while DTXMania works. After rebooting DTXMania, song orders are reseted. (to be fixed, I hope)
- 4/8way POV input is supported. Only 1(one) POV per 1(one) joypad is supported.
- The BestRank is saved in score.ini file independently of HiScore/HiSkill.
- The result screenshot is automatically captured and saved like "dtxfilename.yyMMddHHmmss_DRUMS_SS.png" in case you get best rank/skills. (To use the feature, you have to set SaveScoreIni=ON at first)
- Add feature to show error dialog in case an internal error occurs.
- Changed the range of InputAdjust: -99-0ms.
- To decide a difficulty string in status panel (where "BASIC", "EXTREME" etc are displayed in the playing screen), caseless patternmatch is applyed to LABEL in set.def file.
- OPTION and CONFIGURATION are unified to CONFIGURATION. In select-music screen, [SHIFT]-[F1] to go CONFIGURATION, and [SHIFT]-[F2] is not used any longer.
- The total rank is fixed to avoid effects of AUTO-only instruments.
- Fixed not to catch exceptions in debug build to debug easily.
- Improved to flash guitar/bass chips faster than before. (the flash lag is smaller than before)
- Fix not to change difficulty by HH-HH-HH.
- Fix not to be mixed Gt and Bs results by using FLIP feature.
- Fix not to be GPF in case using sound chip which has no data (filesize=0).
- Fix to open DTXMania correctly in case DTXManiaLog.txt has read-only attribute.
- Fix to release mutex correctry.
- Added SDVelocityMin, BDVelocityMin, ... and deleted VelocityMin.
- Added FLIP feature between the guitar and the bass. P-G-G-P to FLIP.
- Added achievement rate graph. Only for the drums. You can use it by OPTION/Drums/Graph=ON.
- Added feature to control InputAdjust value in the playing screen.
Current value can be seen in debug screen. (hit [DEL] to show/hide it)
- [shift] + [leftArrow]/[rightArrow] = Guitar InputAdjust
- [alt] + [leftArrow]/[rightArrow] = Bass InputAdjust
- (none) + [leftArrow]/[rightArrow] = Drums InputAdjust
- without [ctrl] = +-10ms, with [ctrl]= +-1ms
- Modified to accept Joypad ID >= 10. (Now DTXMania can accept up to ID=36.)
- Changed specifications about Wailing Bonus;
- Fixed not to add bonus scores to drums in GR mode.
- Changed maximum delay-input lags from 800ms to 1000ms.
- Changed maximum combo rate up to x500.
- Changed to be able to change guitar/bass scroll speed while AUTO playing.
- Fixed not to increment ClearCountXXX in case the part XXX doesn't contain any score data.
And fixed not to be reset to 0 or 1 on PlayCountGuitar.
- Fixed not to be add Perfect count to Miss count in 087 Guitar Revolution mode.
- Fixed not to repeat G button in music select screen.
- Fixed to be able to use #BASEBPM. (087 failed to handle with it...)
- Changed to search nearest neighborhood chip algorithm to be affected by InputAdjust.
- Fixed that the Bass's input device is not overwritten by the Guitar's one.
- Fixed to show PLAYCOUNT value correctly in ths result screen.
- Add InputAdjust in OPTIONS Drums/Guitar/Bass to fine-tune input lag.
- Information about your last play is now recorded in score.ini file.
- Add VelocityMin item in Config.ini, to change cutoff velocity value for non-HiHat MIDI input.
- Tuned damage/recover points. (more strict)
- Accept both period and comma as decimal point, mainly for EU locales. (#BPM, #BPMzz, #BASEBPM and #xxx02 (bar length)
- Accelerate reading sound files.
- Translation fron Japanese to English in non-Japanese environments.
- Translated: bootup error messages, RANDOM SELECT and BOX in SELECT MUSIC screen, and OPTION/CONFIGURATION.
- Not translaged: explanation of operations in SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Some refactors to maintain source code easily.
- Maybe fixed sudden terminating DTXMania in case you change VSyncWait in fullscreen mode.
- not to confuse "#PANEL strings (panel)" and "#PANEL int (panpot of EL).
- Fix to mute multiple HO sounds with single HC.
- Fix not to terminate forcely by unplugging USB joypad.
- Changed window resize feature
- resing with keeping aspect-ratio.
- add "640x480" item in system menu.
- double-click window to go fullscreen mode.
- enabled maxmizing window.
- Fixed not to reset window size to 640x480 in case you change VSyncWait.
- Fixed not to reset window size to 640x480 in case you exit DTXMania in fullscreen mode.
- Add feature to change sleep time when DTXMania window is inactive. See "BackSleep" value in Config.ini.
- Add "ClearCount" item in score.ini to save times for "stage clear".
- Fixed to work "compact mode" correctly. (To use compact mode, D&D dtx file to DTXManiaGR.exe)
- Fixed not to be "Stage failed" in case both guitar and bass are AUTO in "Guitar Revolution Mode".
- Fixed to start DTXMania successfully in case you use sub monitor.
- Add feature to log uncatched exceptions.
- Fixed to show preview picture+sound well in case relative path is used in set.def #LxFILE.
- Fixed to work HHVelocityMin in Config.ini correctly.
- Fixed not to be GPF in case you play DTX file which doesn't contain any playable chips.
- Fixed not to show OPEN chip on Bass, in case you play song data which doesn't contain OPEN chip, with HYPERRANDOM option,
- Now you can resize window.
- Window size is recorded and restored from Config.ini.
- These features are not implemented now (to be implmented)
- resizing with keeping width/height ratio
- reset to 640x480 (currently you have to edit Config.ini in yourself to do so）
- Some modifications to open DTXMania's source codes.
- Removed obfuscations.
- Removed checking consistency of score.ini.
- Fix not to fail enumerating song data in case using plugin.
- Change DirectX Redist to the June 2010 version.
- Fix the bug that the latest highest play rank may not be shown in select-song screen correctly.
- Fix not all UseKeyboard, UseMIDIIN, UseJoypad and UseMouse to be zero in score.ini file.
- Changed: Now FullCombo mark is managed independently from the highest score/skill information. For example, if you get FullCombo in your first play and you lose FullCombo but get the highest score in your second play, the FullCombo mark doesn't disappear.
- Changed SlimDX version from "February 2010(custom-made ver)" to June 2010(custom-made ver)".
- Changed obfuscator, because of using Win7(x64) in my development PC.
- Extended plug-in interfaces.
- Official release version of DTXMania078c.
- Add "HHVelocityMin" item in Config.ini. It stands for the minimum velocity value for hi-hat pad, and lower hi-hat velocity inputs than HHVelocityMin are ignored.
The feature is useful for V-Drums VH-11/12, I believe.
- Changed: DTXMania starts with window mode in the first boot.
- Extended plug-in interfaces. (experimental; descriptions are not available yet)
- Fix not to be error by [Alt]+[Enter].
- Changed SlimDX version, from "March 2009" to "February 2010(custom-made ver)". (It means you need DirectX runtime version "February 2010" and above.)
- Attached VC++2008(SP0) runtime. (In older versions, I mistooked to attach VC++2008(SP1) runtime...)
- I signed to DTXMania assemblies to manage them with strict names.
- Added "DirectX Redist." (It is attachment of SlimDX. It is"minimum user runtime.")
- Added plug-in interfaces. (experimental; descriptions are not available yet)
- I've lost all program source codes for DTXMania, DTXCreator and DTXViewer....at re-installing windows.
I did many trial and error, including "disassemble DTXMania076 execution file", to revive source files.
Though the source codes are not clean at now, but it works like 076, I believe.
If you find any bugs, please let me know.
- Changed SlimDX version, from "November 2008" to "March 2009". (It means you need DirectX runtime version "March 2009" and above.)
- Attached manifest file for VC++2005 runtime.
- Deleted VC++2008 runtime, because it seems no one use it.
- Fixed no to be "SoundDecoder.dll is not found" error.
- Fixed the bug that "no BGM sound" or "noise BGM sound" occurs in DTXMania075. I
rollbackedbuilt SoundDecoder.dll back to former native c++ (which is used in 074 and before), with fixing bugs (which are fixed on 075), and extended implemantations (which are added in 075) are separated to another dll.
- Fix the bug that in some cases OggVorvis is not played correctly. (It had existed from the first ogg support ... Release 062.)
- Replaced OggVorbis library to the latest ones. (libogg-1.1.4, libvorbis-1.2.3)
- Rewriteed SoundDecoder.dll from native C++ to C++/CLI, and I moved all sound implementations from DTXManiaGR.exe to SoundDecoder.dll. (It is required to share implementations among DTXMania, DTXCreator and DTXViewer.)
- To work on x64 OS, I build DTXManiaGR.exe with the target "x86". But the load seems heavy. (though I(Q&A staff yyagi) don't feel so)
- Add VC++2005 SP1 runtime libraries in the archive. (It seems that SlimDX.dll uses them...)
- Fix to work correctly to input from Joystick axis in case BufferedInput=ON.
- Fix not to be GPF in case TraceLog=OFF.
- Change back to support joystic axis input again.
- Change the scroll speed a little slower.
- Fixed not to excess the maximum value of life gauge.
- Add "BufferedInput" item in CONFIGURATION-System to select input method. In case you set it OFF, DTXMania uses realtime input (at every displaying frames) and it may cause the lost/delay of input.
Though you should leave it to ON, if you encouter any bugs about it please set to OFF.
- Optimized MIDI-IN logic;
- smaller "lock sections" and ignore lock by MIDI clock.
- getting MIDI-IN time before lock section.
- don't use "as" cast (C#)
- Changed not to use input by joystick axis/throttle.
- Fix not to be GPF by trying Joystic key configuration.(SlimDX had changed some specifications undocumentedly...)
- Fix to work buffer input by keyboard correctly.
- Fix not to leak texture memories.
- Fix not tp crash .score.ini file.
- Changed SlimDX version; from September2008 to November2008.
- DTXMania becomes to depends on the specific version of SlimDX.dll and SampleFramework.dll (by side-by-side technology), to avoid confilctions from/to another applications which uses them, I hope.
- Changed Joystick input method again to the "buffer input", as the bug in SlimDX Sep2008 had been fixed. As the result, the deley/lost of inputs are fixed, I hope.
- DTXMania archive includes VC++2008 runtime library, so that you don't have to install it additionaly.
- Changed the type of timer only to MultimediaTimer only, and obsolete "Timer" item in CONFIGURATION.
- Deleted manual garbage collection at the phase of the end of playing screen (and moving to the result screen).
- Fix to mute sound by setting AutoVolume=0 at CONFIGURATION.
- Fix all guitar/bass chips not to become OPEN whenever using HyperRandom.
- Fix to memory HyperRandom settings at termination of DTXMania.
- Fix to play sounds correctly which are opening by other applications(Windows Media Player etc).
- I add some supplementaries to the HyperRandom(HR) chips(colors) like that;
|score input||HR output (for NO OPEN pick song)||HR output (with OPEN pick song)|
|1 color||1 or 2 colors||<<|
|2 colors||1, 2 or 3 colors w/o OPEN 1||2 or 3 colors w/ OPEN|
|3 colors||15% 1 color, 25% 2 colors and 60% 3 colors||15% 1 color, 25% 2 colors, 30% 3 colors and 30% OPEN|
- Disabled the HighPerformance Timer due to the DirectInput specifications. (DirectInput doesn't work well under the HighPerformance Timer...)
- Fixed to work #SIZEzz correctly.
- Fixed to work changing Fullscreen or VSyncWait correctly in the Configuration.
- Fixed not to show Drums Floor-Tom key assign on the Guitar Cancel key assign.
- I changed the C# DirectX framework; from Managed DirectX 1.1 to SlimDX September 2008. As the result;
- You don't have to install
- Managed DirectX 1.1.
- SlimDX. (DTXManiaGRrel070 includes it)
- You have to install
- .NET Framework 2.0 (you've already installed it to play DTXManiaGR068-069)
- VC++ 2008 Runtime.
- the MOST LATEST DirectX runtime. (August 2008 version.... released in one month ago!!)
- You don't have to install
- Abolished Fullcolor option in Config.ini. The proper color depth is used automatically.
- Changed to be able to exit key assign dialogue by pushing ESC key.
- Changed the joypad input algorithm back to the rel068 way...realtime checking. (It seems the SlimDX can't handle the buffering from the joypad input correctly...)
Note that it means lower FPS, more dropping input.
- I manages the chip sound playing timing individualy like below to avoid lagging occurred in 068-069 (and it lags like 067 series).
- Auto chip: calculated ideal timing
- Manual chip (self-hitting chip): just hitted timing
- Fix to show key-id correctly by pushing joypad POVs in the key-assign screen.
- Fix not to be able to assign multiple lanes to the single button, by using joypad axis or mouse button.
- Fix to be STAGE FAILED in case the score contains both guitar and bass, and the one side is AUTO PLAY.
- Fix not to go to RESULT screen if you become STAGE FAILED.
- Fix to work #BMP: correctly.
- Fix to accept keyboard inputs which both key-ON and key-OFF come in the same drawing frame.
- HALF DARK is now available.
- HyperRANDOM is now available (for the guitar and the bass.)
- Changed the logics to draw the movie in the playing screen; from "drawing the back surface directly" to "texture base".
- Fix to go to the result stage correctly.
- Fix again to handle [Miss] correctly in case the scroll speed is over x20.
- Fix to handle [Miss] correctly in case the scroll speed is too high.
- Now stream-playing is supported for all supported sound files! (Ogg, RiffWave, MP3, XA) Additionaly to say, all sound format can be stream-played with AdjustWaves=ON. Note that all sound files (in case the decoded file size is over 3MB) are stream-played. You can't select whether you'd like to enable/disable it.
- Abolished the StreamPreviewSound and StreamBGMSound in Config.ini, because the streaming play is used automatically.
- Abolished WAVCache and BMPCache in Config.ini
- Merged the "directing thread" and "drawing thread" to the single thread again.
- Changed the input handling from the keyboard/joypad. I believe it make sence to decrease the dropping of the input.
- Abolished the dialogue message "You can't boot many DTXManias at once."
- Changed the joypad managing. I stopped the consecutive ID (inserting-order) managing and start GUID managing. So I add [GUID] field in Config.ini.
- Expanded the scroll speed to x1000.0. (Note that the speed icon at the playing/result screens are still x8.0. And only way to set the magnifications over x8.0 is to use [up] arrow in the playing screen. You can't set it with [BD]x2 operation.)
- Change to affect the BassDrum-input-velocity to the lane-flashing.
- Fix not to be "Null Reference" in case some files lacks in the Graphcs/ folder.
- Fix to free the buffer after playing ogg stream.
- Fix not to depend on the file extentions to decode the sound files.
- Changed the algorithm logic for RANDOM SELECT; from "random choice in each play" to "choice from the shuffled song list" to aviod playing same song twice.
- Disabled not to open multiple DTXManiaGR at the same time.
- Fix the sort algorithm to detect/show all songs/BOXes.
- Fix not to mute Auto sound in case HitSound=ON.
- Add "CymbalFree" option to merge both left cymbal and right cymbal to single pad/key.
in other words, in case CymbalFree = ON, you can hit LC lane by hitting right cymbal lane. (and vice versa.)
Additionaly, in case CYGroup is 1 (CY&RD), you don't have to distinct LC, RD and RC.
- Fix not to clear option parameters by hitting [ESC], FT or Cancel.
- Fix to remake songs.db in each 068 series.
- Fix to display "Songs not found..." correctly in case no songs found.
- Fix not to be GPF by playing no-title DTX.
- Fix to work no-chip zone sound correctly.
- Fix to work AutoVolume correctly.
- Fix to enumerate dtx files, too. (in 080525, some PC enumerates no songs at all.)
- Change the log settings at all in Config.ini.
- Fix typo in the log file.
- In Config/Option screen, if you change some parameter and push not [Enter] but [ESC], the color is not back to white. And if you try to change parameter again, the focus is not able to move. I fix these issues.
- Fix not to push out the word "Super Random" in Option Screen.
- Fix the ScrollSpeed description in Option screen. (not x1.0-x8.0, but x0.5-x8.0.)
- Fix to show HiHat item of Drums AutoPlay in Option screen.
- Fix not to be GPF by hitting non-chip area in playing.
- Fix to change the BGM speed correctly, by changin PlaySpeed in Option screen.
- Fix not to work #DTXPLAYSPEED in dtx file.
- Fix to playback #PREMOVIE / #RESULTMOVIE correctly in Fullcolor=off.
- Fix not to occur AccessViolation Exception by playing #AVI in case Fullcolor=off and Fullscreen=on.
- Fix to enumerate dtx files correctly in deeper folder than set.def file exists.
- Fix to show songs name correctly in MUSIC SELECT screen.
- Fix to show RANDOM SELECT and BACK correctly in MUSIC SELECT SCREEN.
- Fix not to duplicate MUSIC BOX in case box.def file exists in the folder named DTXFiles.*.
- Fix not to be error by starting playing preview sound. (Sorry last 068(080611) archive contains old SoundDecoder.dll)
- Add the state TraceLog=2 in Config.ini to specify "detail info".
- Add ChipVolume and AutoChipVolume in Config.ini to change the volumes of playing chips and auto-playing chips for SoundMonitor (Sound boost option).
- In case the song title is long, DTXManiaGR would draw the fonts withe smaller one. The minimum font size is depend on your PC environment.
- Add "StoicMode" in Config.ini. In case StoicMode=1, these are not drawn;
You can use it if you don't want to see them by others.
- #PREIMAGE? / #PREMOVIE? (preview image/movie in SELECT MUSIC)
- #RESULTIMAGE? / #RESULTIMAGE_xx? / #RESULTMOVIE? / #RESULTMOVIE_xx? (preview images / movies in result screen)
- #STAGEFILE? (Now Loading image)
- #BACKGROUND? / #BACKGROUND_GR? / #WALL? (background image in playing screen)
- #BMP? / #BMPzz? / #BMPTEXzz? / #BGAzz? / #BGAPANzz? / #AVIzz? / #AVIPANzz? (BGAs / AVIs in playing screen)
- Add #SOUND_STAGEFAILED? , #SOUND_FULLCOMBO? and #SOUND_NOWLOADING? to change system sounds in DTX file.
- Change the GAME START sound not to exclusive with the preview sounds in SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Fix the sound decoding doesn't depend on the file extentions. (For every sounds, DTXManiaGR trys to decode by all ways it knows.)
- Fix not to show the level only as "DTXMANIA" in playing screen.
- Fix to pause (shift + F1) BGM correctly in case BGM plays by streaming.
- Fix not to confuse BGM by minimizing window in case BGM plays by streaming.
- Fix not to output logs in case TraceLog=0.
- Fix to play system sounds correctly in case there are System/Sounds/Game start.ogg, System/Sounds/Stage clear.ogg and System/Sounds/Full combo.ogg.
- Now box.def can define hit-range parameters; #PERFECTRANGE, #GREATRANGE, #GOODRANGE and #POORRANGE. These parameters affects only in the box, so you can use them for Internet Ranking Events. Note that if you want to change hit-range parameter, you have to specify all 4 parameters.
- Now DLLs exsistance check works only for the current folder. (== same folder where DTXManiaGR.exe is.)
- Fix to memorize [Audience] setting correctly.
- Fix to show blue particles correctly while Fill-in.
- Fix expanations for [FTGroup] in Config screen.
- Fix to fade-in BGM correctly in SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Fix allocating memory size for non-streaming-ogg sound. (in the worst case, it allocates x8 size memories than required.)
- Fix to show window correctly by changing [FullScreen]->[Window] mode, I hope :-)
- .NET-DLLs exsistance check before bootup. (However I found it doesn't work with Vista, so I change the feature in the next version.)
- Fix not to show drum pads in DARK mode.
- Fix to play movie correctly for Fullcoler=OFF.
- Fix to memorize [HHGroup] setting correctly.
- Fix not to execute DTXManiaGR in case you don't connect MIDI devices at all.
- Fix not to be zombie process.
- Now DTXManiaGR is refactored with C# 3.0, .NET Framework 2.0 and Managed DirectX 1.1. It means you need to install .NET Framework 2.0 and Managed DirectX 1.1 first to play DTXManiaGR. (It is the same requirement with DTXCreator.)
You can install .NET Framework 2.0 via Windows Update. Note that you have to select "Custom Install" instead of "Express Install".
After installing .NET Framework 2.0, you can install Managed DirectX 1.1 via DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer. In another word, you have to
- re-install DirectX9.0c or later via DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.
- after installing .NET Framework 2.0.
If you don't install .NET Framework 2.0, you can't install Managed DirectX because it is the extention of .NET Framework. If you don't install DirectX via Web Installer, DirectX without Managed DirectX will be installed.
If you want to install Managed DirectX without useing Web Installer at any cost, follow these steps:
- Download DirectX End-User Runtimes.
- Execute downloaded file. It extracts many files to be installed.
- Execute dxsetup.exe with /InstallManaged option.
ex. c:\temp\dxsetup.exe /InstallManaged
- Support streaming play. (ogg-BGM only)
- The chips "fade out" in HIDDEN / SUDDEN mode.
- "StrreamSound" item is divided into "StreamPreviewSound" and "StreamBGMSound" in Configuration.
- Rollbacked calclating parameter for Skill: Perfect&Great to Perfect&Combo.
- You can't play MIDI file. (I have to drive DrumMIDI.dll via .NET Framework, but not yet)
- Fix not to mix "audience sound" in Guitar and Bass.
- Fix to calculate Wailling Bonus in Gutiar and Bass.
- Fix memory leak issue in 067b080322.
- Fix *.score.ini not to use 064b format. (067b format is used now.)
- Fix MD5 calculations in *.score.ini file again. The HASH values in 059b-065b are all invalid :-)
- Fix to wait terminating DTXManiaGR until finsh playing "Game end.ogg".
- Fix #BPMzz to be able to re-define infinity times.
- Fix MD5 calculations in *.score.ini file.
- Fix not to play no-chip-zone sound twice at a single hit.
- Fix to select level correctly when you play MIDI files. In older versions, though you want to play LEVEL RAW and hit hi-hat many times to set level,
- Add "BGM Adjust" feature to adjust BGM syncing in real-time.
In playing screen, push [SHIFT]+[Up/Down arrow] to shift BGM +-10ms, and push [CTRL]+[SHIFT]+[Up/Down arrow] to shift BGM +-1ms.
The shift parameter is shown on Playing Information.(Push [Del] to enable/disable it). It was recorded to .score.ini file.
- Add "#SIZEzz" to change the display size of the sound chip.
- Add SelectListFontName, SelectListFontSize, SelectListFontItalic and SelectListFontBold in Config.ini to arrange font attributes at selectmusic screen.
- The chips "fade out" in HIDDEN / SUDDEN mode.
- Now DTXMania disables multiple pad assign to the single button. If you assign some pad to some button and re-assign another pad to the same button, the first assign is canceled automatically.
- Now DTXMania doesn't use MIDI mapper. DTXMania record MIDI-out device number to Config.ini.
- Fix to read older than 063b score.ini file correctly.
- Change the default Guitar Decide key from [Enter] to ']' to avoid changing scroll speed unexpectedly.
- Fix not to slip syncing by [ALT]-[Enter].
- Fix not to open non-existant score.ini file (to accelerate DTXMania bootup time)
- Fix not to put error log in case #LxLABEL is exist but #LxFILE is not in set.def file.
- Fix not to play no-chip-zone sound twice at a single hit.
- Fix RANDOM SELECT to use the song displayed one upper position of RANDOM SELECT.
- Fix to show RANDOM SELECT in case the number of songs <= 1.
- Fix DirectSound dynamic voice management enable.
- ch1F?, 2F? and AF? to change drum fill-in, guitar wailing and bass wailing sound.
- Add "#HIDDENLEVEL?". In case you set it ON, the level will be shown as ?? at the selectmusic screen.
- Add "#RESULTSOUND?" and "#RESULTSOUND_xx?" to change the sound at the result screen.
- Add BMPCache and WAVCache in Config.ini to enable/disable the cache for bmp/wav.
- Changes the effects for fill-in.
- Ressurects the lost check for texture/surfaces.
- Now DTXMania handle #(DGB)LEVEL? as 1-100, not 1-10.
- Fix not to be Poor in case HHClose comes after HHOpen closely. (You hitted HH and DTXMania recognized HHClose hitted first. Now it fixed.)
- Fix HH/FT/CYGroup to play no-chip zone sound correctly. (e.g. You want to collect CY and RD and set CYGroup=1 (CY&RD). in case CY or RD is empty lane, no-chip zone sound doesn't play.)
- Fix RANDOM SELECT not to display difficulty as random.
- Fix to display preview image and comment correctly in case you exit musicbox by hitting FloorTom.
- Fix not to show (no title) in result screen.
- Fix not to replay Setup BGM when DTXMania complete reading all sysytem sounds.
- Fix BGM-chip syncing not to depend on FPS and CPU power.
- Fix to show difficulty correctly in case you finish playing and come back to selectmusic screen.
- Fix to show surface correctly in case some texture generation was failed.
- Fix not to go GPF in case you play song using #BMPTEX and select another song.
- Fix not to respond to both keyup and keydown for [ESC].
- Now you can return by CANCEL(Gt/Bs) or FloorTom(Dr) in CONFIGURATION/OPTION screen.
- Now you can escape from the musicbox by CANCEL(Gt/Bs) in selectmusic screen.
- Add TraceLog item in CONFIGURATION. (Currently it shows only song memory usage.)
- Fix to work #RESULTMOVIE correctly.
- Fix not to show Lv10 GDA as '-0'. Now it handles as '99'.
- Fix typo for INFORMATION, and change font for INFORMATION.
- Add INFORMATION field in selectmusic screen.
- Scrolling Status in case difficulties strings are too long to be put in the status field.
- Change not to scroll comment field in case the comment is short.
- Larger font size (+1pt): Artist and Comment.
- Longer field size: Artist field.
- Don't recieve any inputs for guitar/bass while auto-playing.
- Changes the rank colors in the reslut screen.
- Fix the guitar/bass scrolling speed.
- Fix not to change Guitar AutoPlay parameter by changing Bass AutoPlay parameter in CONFIGURATION.
- Add shadows to Snare pad image.
- Fix to record Hidden parameter to Config.ini.
- Fix to show SUD and HID correctly in selectmusic/CONFIGURATION/OPTION screen.
- Disable monitor power saving during playing DTXMania.
- At the result screen, the rank image will show after other parameters show.
- Change HHOpen and Ride chip image color to white.
- Fix not to show title as (no title) in case no .score.ini file found.
- Fix not to clear playing information for MIDI songs.
- Fix the displaying position of COMBO and GREAT/BAD.. images at Guitar Screen.
- Fix to work HHGroup/FTGroup/CYGroup correctly.
- Fix typos.
- Disable screensaver during playing DTXMania.
- Animation effects in some screens.
- Disable RGB button flashing in case DARK=ON.
- Decrease the amount of life gauge down.
- Change the default value: VSyncWait=OFF.
- Ressurection of displaying Playing Information. (To enable/disable playing information, push [Del] button while playing)
- Fix not to go GPF by changing Fullscreen and window mode.
- Fix not to go GPF in musicselect screen in case BestSkill=100.00.
- Fix the BASS OPEN chip image.
- Fix not to show life gauge in Guitar Screen by DARK=ON.
- Fix not to set window priorty to topmost by changing fullscreen to window mode.
- Fix not to be miss in case guitar chip and wailing chip comes at the same time.
- Fix to play cancel sound and stage failed sound.
- Fix to record guitar and bass playing information correctly.
- Fix to set LIGHT option correctly.
- Now you can use [ESC] instead of ReturnToMenu in OPTION/CONFIGURATION screen.
- Fix to work #FONTCOLOR:.
- Fix not to transparent black color in preview/result screen.
- Fix not to show BGA in case BGA=OFF.
- Fix not to show AVI in case AVI=OFF.
- Fix not to be GPF using RANDOM SELECT with child folder(s).
- Fix not to save score.ini file in case SaveScoreIni=OFF and you did PlayCancel or StageFailed.
- Fix not to keep playing #PREMOVIE even if you change song in musicselect screen.
- Fix not to be transparent with some polygons in case the window focus is leaved.
- You can set multiple DTX file paths in Config.ini "DTXPath" item. (delimiter is semicolon';'.)
- Fix to set 16bpp in default Fullcolor value in Config.ini.
- All source codes are refactored.
- New skin.
- Added LeftCymbal lane.?
- #GENRE? information is shown in musicselect and result screen.
- "Stream play" is supported only for "ogg file in #PREVIEW?".
- Added "Fullcolor" item in CONFIGURATION screen.
- Using File Mapping to read some files.
- Now BGAlpha is effective to BG images, not to frame images.
- Anti-alias effects to some words.
- Prohibited to assign any feature to [Del] and [arrow keys].
- Not to show an afterimages after the COMBO missed.
- Jpeg quality improves.
- NoSyncSleep means..
- old: intervals for sleep
- new: intervals for redraw screen
- libpng is replaced to 1.2.14.
- Fix to work Bass SoundMonitor feature.
- Fix #BGAPAN? to use minus values.
- Fix some typos in OPTION/CONFIGURATION.
- Fix to show #STAGEFILE? correctly.
- Add "#BMP:"? to DTX format to put BGA from the beginning of playing DTX.
- Add "#BACKGROUND_GR:"? to show wallpaper in Guitar-only playing screen.
- Add "#AVIPANzz"? to panning avi like #BGAPANzz.?
And the "infinity definition"? for AVI is no longer available
- About CYGroup in Config.ini: in case DTX data doesnot contain Ride Cymbal?, CYGroup is considered as "CY & RD" even if CYGroup is set to "CY | RD".
Same for HHGroup.
- In #BGAzz?, #BGAPANzz? and #AVIPANzz:? Now you can use valious delimiters ... not only white space' ' but alsotab, comma',', parenthesis'()', brackets '', hyphen'-', small x 'x' and pipe'|'.
- In case another application window is focused, DTXMania reduces its CPU usage.
- In case CYGroup is set as "CY & RD", if both CY chip and RD chip are set at just the same timing and you stroke only to CY lane, then you'll succeed to hit both CY chip and RD chip.
If you set CYGroup as "CY | RD", or CY chip and RD chip is not set at just the same timing, and you stroke only to CY lane, then you'll fail to hit RD lane.
Same for HHGroup.
- Fix to show #PREIMAGE? in case the image width/height are smaller than 204x269.
- Fix memory leak in some cases.
- Now you can use OggVorbis for soundchip and BGM file!!
DTXMania decode OggVorbis by itself and you don't have to install OggVorbis codecs to use it.
- Changes to put DTXMania version to DeviceCheck.txt.
- Fix to work #ARTIST.?
- Fix to hide Guitar/Bass Skillbar in musicselect screen in case the songdata doesn't contain Guitar/Bass part.
- Fix to work changing difficulty for MIDI files.
- Fix skin.ini parser to work correctly.
- Fix to stop music in case the stage changes.
- Changes to the "AdjustWave" feature.
- old: it applys to the sounds that past 2(two) seconds after key-on.
- new: it applys to the sounds longer than 5 seconds.
- Fix to work MinComboDrums item in Config.ini.
- Fix not to crash DTXMania in case #TITLE is null and #L1 is not found in set.def.
- Fix BGM not to be late than other sound chips.
- Fix the song.db reader to avoid application freeze.
- In the select-music screen, [Shift]+[F2] to go CONFIGURATION.
- Changed the C-runtime-libraries to the multithread-supported one. (Old DTXMania uses singlethread-supported one, but VS2005 doesn't have it :-(
- Set the CooperativeLevel to Exclusive for the joypad. (It may bring us better response?)
- Now you can use "TimerType" item in Config.ini.
The default value = 1.
Note: HighPerformance Timer is not a good choice if you areusing variable-clock CPU (according to CPU Usage) or if you are using multicore / multicore-like CPU. (Core2Duo, HyperThread CPU,...)
- 0=HighPerformance Timer (=QueryPerformanceCounter)
- 1=Multimedia Timer (=timeGetTime)
- 2=Legacy Timer (=GetTickCount)
- Now you can choose minimum value to display Combo at MinComboDrums, MinComboGuitar and MinComboBass in Config.ini
- Improve the bootup speed to change the songs.db operations.
- Fix buffer overrun when using set.def with #L4 and #L5.
- Fix memory leak when using "vain" set.def. (NULL set.def, or set.def with missing-filenames etc.)
- Fix to initialize the axis input in DirectInput.
- Fix #RESULTMOVIE to work again :-)
- Fix not to cut the line-text on the char013. (To achive it, DTXMania SETENVs LC_CTYPE=japanese)
- Fix to show the skill value and full-combo status correctly.
- Fix the scroll speed up to x8.0.
- Fix the guitar sound in case Guitar=OFF and DTX/G2D has both guitar and bass data.
- Fix the score.ini generator not to set UseKeyboard flag on when using MIDI-IN.
- Fix the icon colors.
- To use Visual Studio 2005. (I've used VC++6 until the release 061.)
- Link the C-runtime-libraries staticaly. (VS2005-compiled EXE file uses msvcr80.dll, but I believe you've not installed it yet :-)
- Fix DrumsTight switch in CONFIGURATION.
- Fix displaying song titles with `&'(ampersand).
- Disable any inputs while pause.
- Revive the feature that BASSx2 to change the scroll speed.
- Change the default configuration: Fullcolor=0.
- Avoid system errors at the DTXMania boot sequences.
It happens when DTXMania reads ***.score.ini which includes AUTO lane. Now DTXMania (060 or later) ignores ***.score.ini made by old DTXManias (055b or older. When you play the song on the DTXMania 060, DTXMania overwrite ***.score.ini
- Fix AudienceSound switch in CONFIGURATION.
- Fix EnableAVI switch in CONFIGURATION.
- Fix EnableBGA switch in CONFIGURATION.
- Fix #RESULTMOVIE available.
- Fix Full-combo sound not to play at non-fullcombo result.
- No lane flashes in the DARK mode.
- Add #BMPTEXzz:. It is an extention of #BMPzz. You can use alpha-blended PNG for #BMPTEXzz.
(Note: #BMPTEX uses Direct3D Texture. So there are some restrictions.
e.g. You should not use over 1024x1024 #BMPTEX to avoid GPF in DTXMania or DTXV. )
- Scoped bitmap channels (C4,C7,D5-D9,E0) are added.
<Scope and layer>
- #BMP is a statement to assign number for bitmap file. (BMP number)
- #BMP, #BMPTEX, #BGA and #BGAPAN are statements to define "scope", "scope number". They also specify "BMP number" which the scope uses.
The scope defines "How to display the numbered-bitmap to the BGA layer", and the scope number is assigned to it.
Note that #BMP defines both "BMP number" and "scope number" to the specified bitmap file.
- The layer channels (04,07,55-59,60) are used to display BGAs by setting "scope number". As soon as you set the "scope number" to the BGA layer channel, the scope start rendering BGA to the specified layer.
- The scoped bitmap channels (C4,C7,D5-D9,E0) are used to swap the bitmap which is rendering on the specified layer.
You can swap bitmaps on after another which are using in some layer.
#BMP01: smile600x355.bmp #BMP02: crying600x355.bmp #BGAPAN10: 01 278 255 278 355 0 0 322 0 0 0 0 0 384 #00104: 10
This is a traditional #BGAPAN example. At the 1st BAR, smile600x355.bmp scroll to left. It takes 384 counts (= same as 1 BAR).
Now you add the statement
to swap the bitmap. crying600x355.bmp is shown at the first 2 BEAT, and smile600x355.bmp is shown at the last 2 BEAT. It means you can swap bitmaps without stopping #BGAPAN.
- To specify skin folders, you can modify a Config.ini file like
[System] SystemData=sysdata\default\ (default skin folder) SystemDataCustom=sysdata\myskin\ (your custom skin folder)
In that case, the skin data in sysdata\myskin\ folder are used, at first. Sysdata\default\ skin data are used for the files cannot find in mydata folder.
The sysdata\myskin\Skin.ini is prior to the sysdata\default\Skin.ini. The parameter which are not written in the sysdata\myskin\Skin.ini are made up from the sysdata\default\Skin.ini.
(Skin.ini: see later)
[System] SystemData=sysdata\default\ SystemDataCustom=sysdata\myskin\
- Many sound effects added.
Default relationships among the SE file, loop type and exclusive type are;
|EXIT||sd_exit.wav||no||yes||DTXMania keeps showing the terminate screen while the EXIT sound playing.|
|NowLoading||sd_nowloading.wav||no||yes||DTXMania keeps showing the STAGEFILE (or nowloading message) while the Nowloading sound lasts over 1sec.|
"Loop" means the soundfile is loopsound or not. "Exclusive" soundfiles is played after stopping the current playing sound.
- The Skin.ini file is added to define a skin configurations. Skin.ini file is in the SystemData or SystemDataCustom folder. (though you can customize only sound skin on the current DTXMania)
On the current DTXMania, the Skin.ini can define ...
- System sound filename
- Loopsound or not (add "_Loop" to the tail. 0:OFF / 1:ON)
- Exclusive or not (add "_Exclusive" to the tail. 0:OFF / 1:ON)
Be aware don't delete Skin.ini file easily. The Skin.ini file is not recovered automatically (like a Config.ini)
- PreviewImageWait parameter in Configuration. (delaytime to show preview image)
- For drums: Reverse, Position, Tight modes are added in Option.
(Position: judgement strings position. P-A: on the lane, P-B: under the judgeline)
- For guitar/bass: Reverse, Position, Random, Light and Left mode are added in Option.
(Position: judgement strings position. P-A: on the lane, P-B: under the COMBO)
- Drums ON/OFF mode is added on Configuration. It affects to the playing screen:
|ON||ON||Drum + Guitar screen|
|ON||OFF||Drum only screen|
|OFF||ON||Guitar only screen|
|OFF||OFF||(You can't setup so)|
- About Drum autoplay: you can switch all lane ON/OFF at once.
- New music-boxing way is available.
Former way: Make "DTXFiles.YourFavoriteBoxName" folder. (You can still keep using this way.) DTXMania uses YourFavoriteBoxName as the box name.
New way: Make folder with your favorite name.(DTXMania doesn't care about it)
Make "box.def" file in the folder. DTXMania uses #TITLE as the box name.
Here's the example of box.def:
#TITLE: xxx (box name) #ARTIST: yyy (artist name related to the box.) #COMMENT: zzz #PREIMAGE: preimage.jpg (or #PREMOVIE: premovie.avi) #PREVIEW: preview.wav #FONTCOLOR: #FFFFFF
Songnames are sorted with the "folder name". (not with #TITLE)
- You can use "RANDOM SELECT" in all music boxes.
You can configure whether you want to include subboxes(*) songs to the RANDOM SELECT or not, on "RandomFromSubBox=" in Config.ini file.
(*) not "folders"
By default, "RandomFromSubBox=1". (subboxes are included to RANDOM SELECT)
- "Fullcolor:" setting(16/32bpp) revives in Config.ini.
- Playing history and the best rank are shown on the music select screen.
- #PREMOVIE is added to specify a preview movie file.
- #RESULTMOVIE and #RESULTMOVIE_xx are added to specify result movie files.
- DTXMania makes log/DeviceCheck.txt file about the device configurations. (to make troubleshooting easy)
- DTXMania checks DirectX runtime version and show an error dialog if it is lower than 7.0a. (to avoid DirectDraw Errors)
- *? "Infinity definition" is supported on #WAV, #VOLUME, #WAVPAN, #BPM and #AVI.
Here is an example to explain the "Infinity definition".
#WAV01: foo.wav #00111: 01 #WAV01: bar.wav #00211: 01
In the former DTXMania, infinity definition is not supported and foo.wav is played on the both 1st/2nd BAR.
In the DTXMania release 059 and later, infinity definition is supported and bar.wav is played on the 2nd BAR. (of course foo.wav is played on the 1st BAR)
- Added BAR-line shift channel.
Put the value '02' on the channel C1. The BEAT line starts from there. It only affects within the specified BAR.
Note: The value '01' DOES NOT mean to reset the BEAT line.
- Added BAR/BEAT-line-indication channel.
Put the value '02' on the channel C2. From the '02' point, BAR/BEAT-line is not shown. Put '01' on the channel C2 to show lines again. It doesn't affect to the lines which are shown by using the channel 50/51. (as long as you do'nt use 'ZZ' value on the channel 50/51)
- "Left-cymbal" channel is available. 1A, 3A(invisible) and BC(no-chip zone sound).
- Correct a BAD-Bass-sound. (old DTXMania uses BAD-Guitar sound as Bass's)
- Fix GDA parser: accept comma(,) in BL line to avoid GPF.
- Enable bitmap cache.
- Accept to set #VOLUME=0. (old DTXMania handle it as #VOLUME=100)
- Fix the priority to make BAR-length changes and BPM changes be prior to BGAPAN.
- Fix to keep showing BGA after #BGAPAN terminate to move. (old DTXMania erase it)
- Fix DTXV to apply slow #DTXVPlaySpeed value in the latter part of sequences.
- Fix the method to initialize a timer class. On the old DTXMania versions, there is a case that the timer class is not initialized and as the result GetTickCount() timer is used.
# Note: GetTickCount() has a poor accuracy.
- Driving out dds files from skin parts. (now uses png/jpeg only. Easy to modify)
- Renaming DTXMania.ini to Config.ini. (to explain about inifile easily to whom file extentions are not shown)
- Renaming system skin folder from "data" to "sysdata"
- Changing the life gauge calculations.
- old ver: Constant value is added or subtracted on every chips. It causes the guitar disadvantages than drums.
- new ver: DTXMania calculate the up/down value in the every constant interval time. If the chip-density is high, life gauge changes a little. If the chip-density is low, life gauge changes big.
- By default, no joypad-keys are assigned. If you want to use joypad or PS2-JOYPAD converter, you must configure the key assigns by yourself.
(Some PS2-JOYPAD converters assign "pushed-down eternaly" button and it cause "you cannot configure the pad assign because you are interrupted the configuration by the foerver-pushed-button. )
- At the time changing the song difficulty, preview(image/sound) changes too so long as the specified preview files change.
- Unify the scroll range in the Config.ini and Option setting, to x0.5 - x8.0.
- #RANDOM affects to #STAGEFILE. Now you can select #STAGEFILE at random.
- Separating the guitar and bass configurations.
- Improving sort algorithm. (but I cannot remember how to improve :-)
- No-drum-songdata is grayout while you are selecting with the drum device.
- While changing the screen mode (fullscreen/window), DTXMania pauses playing and shows "Wait a moment" screen.
- Changing the way how to play guitar/bass poor/bad sound.
- old way: play the nearest same chip sound. If your picking is very quick, you can recover to play the same chip.
- new way: play the nearest chip sound with irregular tone (frequency 79%-121%). You can feel poor VERY WELL :-)
- Changing how to calculate the skill point.
Note: it doesn't have any compatibilities with other existing ones.
- Buffering the device input to avoid the lost/late input.
Note: No buffer is applied with 'axis' input. Former input method is applied to axis.
- While using the same preimage file, DTXMania doesn't change it. Same rule is applied with preview and premovie files.
- Changing the bass-lane-flash-color: from pink to white.
- Changing the panning position about wailing: Guitar=left50%, Bass=right50%.
- Changing the "DTXFiles=..." default value to ".\" in Config.ini.
- Changing the rank-SS color: yellow to orange.
- Changing the "note" mark in NowLoading screen: from textword to bitmap.
- To draw playing screen, DTXMania makes playing screen first, makes BGA screen last. (to avoid disappearing playing screen comes from shortage of VRAM)
- Applying high-accurate timer (QueryPerformanceCounter). It is applied prior to low-accurate timers (GetTickTime, timerGetTime).
As the result, a score-scrolling more smoother
- Changed "FPS" diplaying to "VPS(FPS)".
FPS (Frames per Second) means a number of frames processed by the DTXMania in a second. VPS (Views per Second) means a number of "displayed" frames in a second.
e.g. Your PC can procces 1000 frames in a second, and NoSyncSleep=5.
-> "FPS: 200(1000)"
- Fix memory leaks.
- Fix to support grayscale JPEG and CMYK JPEG.
- Add >RANDOM SELECT< feature. It select music from all registered songs.
- Now you can set preimage.bmp file in the Music Box to change preview image for the Music Box.
- Support MIDI-key assigns for DTXPRESS III Kit1 by default.
- Swapped positions for [Options] and [PlayMode] in OPTION screen.
- At Key-Assign screen, some keys are shown more plainly.... from [K044] to [ Z ], etc.
- Fix to avoid GPF when you use some special PNG format. So now mlibpng.dll mlibjpg.dll are obsoluted.
- In set.def, I fix to be able use higher level(L2*, L3*, ...) without L1*.
- In case you exit music box by hitting floor tom, I fix not to leave the last preview image as it is.
- Fix to show music comments by focusing the music box. orz
- Fix not to clear key configurations in every bootup.
- Fix to enable SaveScore option. At 049d, it is disabled by default.
- Fix to disappear Wailing chip in Sudden / Hidden mode.
- Fix not to be error in bootup, when you don't assign any keys/pads for some lanes.
- Add #FONTCOLOR: feature in set.def to change title text color in SELCT MUSIC screen.
- Add SaveScoreIni in DTXMania.ini to enable/disable saving score.ini file.
- Fix video memory leaks to display images correctly.
- Fix typo in some screen: EXTT -> EXIT.
- Add [AUTO] to the judgement strings (Perfect/Great/...Miss, and Auto).
- Fix to calculate Perfect/Good rate in AUTO playing.
- Fix Bass Wailing chip speed not to same to the guitar's one.
- Fix not to draw RGB buttons in case Guitar=OFF.
- In Guitar/Bass, I fix not to get 2 combos in single chip if you pick it quickly.
- Fix not to occur system error by terminating DTXMania with compact mode (==window mode).
- Add images for Guitar/Bass RGB buttons.
- Add Wailing Bonus feature in Guitar/Bass.
- Add [Clear] icon at SELECT MUSIC screen in case you clear the song. It takes matter of difficulties.
- In case you play the song with all-lanes-autoplay. DTXMania doesn't save score.ini file (though the result would be displayed.) In case you play the song with some-lanes-autoplay, DTXMania doesn't save and doesn't display. (It is the same manners in former versions.)
- Add all default hit-range to 20ms. (It makes you playing easier)
- Now [Poor] decreases the life gauge...about the half of [Miss] decreases.
- Fix formula for skills. Skill parameters recorded by 049a will be reset by playing on 049b.
- Fix to work [RGB-ALL-chip] and [OPEN chip] correctly, in case playing guitar-GDA with 9Lane=OFF.
- Fix to work no-chip-zone sound correctly in Guitar/Bass.
- Fix to display BPM correctly. (Though Playing-BPM works correctly, but displaying-BPM was incorrect...#BASEBPM is not added.)
- Add feaure to change the color for song names and MUSIC BOX names. You change them by SelectCharColor and SelectBoxColor in DTXMania.ini.
- Re-designed result screen.
- put skill points and playing times. (but they're not shown in session mode)
- Skill points are decreased by using auto-lane. In case you use 1 auto-lane, the SP will be 6/7. 2 auto-lanes
5/7, 3 auto-lanes4/7, ... all-auto-lanes == 1/7.
- put [NEW RECORD!] icon if you achieve high-score. (but it's not shown in session mode)
- put [Full Combo] icon if you achieve full-combo.
- Add #RESULTIMAGE:? to put result image in result screen. See #PREIMAGE? to check image size, and usages. If you don't set #RESULTIMAGE, the #PREIMAGE will be drawn as the result image.
- Add #RESULTIMAGE_(SS|S|A|B|C|D|E):? to change result image as your result rank.
e.g. #RESULTIMAGE_A: resimage1.jpg #RESULTIMAGE_D: resimage2.jpg -> If you get rank SS/A, resimage1.jpg would be drawn as the result image. If you get B/C/D, resimage2.jpg would be drawn. If you get E, #PREIMAGE would be drawn.
- Now your playing-results are automatically saved for each songs / each difficulties. It works when you achieve Hi-Score or Hi-Skill. In other words, it saves Drums/Gutiar/Bass's HiScore/HiSkills (== 6 patterns).
If you do a single play (Drums/Guitar/Bass), the result would be saved. If you play session, the result is not saved.
The result filename is [songfilename].score.ini. The path is same as the song file.
e.g. [C:\DTXFiles\foo_ext.dtx]'s result file is [C:\DTXFiles\foo_ext.dtx.score.ini]
To avoid falsifications, DTXMania signes to the result file by the special hash value. If DTXMania detects the modifications of the files (DTX/GDA file or **.score.ini file), The **.score.ini file wouild be cleared.
- Changed that the drums auto-lane chips are not to affect to the scores and ranks.
- Changed the title image, logo mark(in wipe-effect) and SS rank image color.
- Changed how to show the difficulties. In case the song is GDA and the level <= 10, the level would be shown as STARS.
- Changed how to configure PlaySpeed, to use [cursor up] / [cursor down].
- Fix to play fill-in sound correctly in case all drums lanes are auto.
- Fix to work no-chip-zone sound correcty, especially in Floor-tom and Cymbals.
- Fix to work no-chip-zone sound correctly in Guitar/Bass.
- Fix to display BPM correctly. (Though Playing-BPM works correctly, but displaying BPM was incorrect...BASEBPM is not added.)
- Add no-chip-zone sound specify channel. (Drums:ch.B1〜B9, Guitar:ch.BA, Bass:ch.BB)
- Add SelectCharFont in DTXMania.ini to select fonts for song list in SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Change the VSyncWait max value to 30.
- The Combos and scores don't considered the Auto-lanes.
- Fix to sort the song list in the MUSIC BOX correctly.
- Fix not to be heavy in SELECT MUSIC screen in case you use DirectX9.
- In SELECT MUSIC screen, push [SHIFT]+[F1] to jump OPTION screen directly.
- Change not to use D3DX in DirectX initialize logic. (to support PCs which fail to initialize D3DX)
- Change [Pause] key-assign: from [Hankaku/Zenkaku] (Keyboard Grave Accent and Tilde) to [SHIFT]+[F1].
- Change to use Drums-only RESULT screen if you configurey Guitar=OFF.
- Change PlaySpeed steps: [xN/8] to [xN/20]. If you succeed to the configs on 045b, You have to re-configure PlaySpeed.
- In case you select(up/down) music by the guitar, drums-only songs gray outs. But even if you use drums again to select music, grayouted songs are not recovered. I change it to recover well.
- Change to put the guitar level in the SELECT MUSIC screen if you select it by the guitar.
- Fix the time calculations of the head of mp3 latency.
- Fix to draw score (over 2.1 billions) correctly.
- Fix to draw decimal-BPM correctly in SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Add PlaySpeeds the "accelerate mode". (x9/8 〜 x12/8)
- Add MakeLog item in DTXMania.ini. If MakeLog=ON, the logs are put in log\debug.txt.
- Change the texture format search method: UNKNOWN base to AxRxGxBx base.
- Fix to change comment strings if you change the level by hitting Hi-Hat twice.
- Add Key-Assign feature.
- Change (a bit of) SELECT MUSIC screen images.
- Change the Playing screen and COMBO images like 8thMIX.
- Change not to bootup by way of window mode if you use full-screen mode.
- Delete Thread items from DTXMania.ini. (it seems they don't work well...)
- Delete FullColor item from DTXMania.ini. (Now DirectX will select the color depth automatically)
- Fix to speed up comment loops in SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Fix the [Alt]+[Enter] issues. In former version, if you push Alt+Enter during loading song, the screen is corrupt. push Alt+Enter again, DTXMania freezes.
- Fix not to show any characters by pushing [Muhenkan](Keyboard International5).
- Fix to play sounds by hitting cymbal or floor tom in RESULT screen.
- Fix to mute HHO sound by hitting HHO -> HHC on 9lane=ON in RESULT screen.
- Now you can cancel playing guitar/bass by pushing [CANCEL] button.
- Revived DANGER effect.
- In the SELECT MUSIC screen, you can exit the screen and back to TITLE screen by pushing floor-tom or CANCEL button.
- Change the images and layouts in the SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Support putting level over 100.
- Changes that the auto-lanes do not effect to life gauge. if you use full-screen mode.
- Changes not to mute HHO sound in case HHO-HHO sequence.
- Fix not to blackout previw image by changing fullscreen <-> window mode.
- Fix not to set initial clipped-area-size to 0x0 in case using #BGAPAN.
- Fix not to put [COMBO 1] while you Miss the chip.
- Fix to work invisible objects correctly.
- Fix not to mute the last Hi-Hat sound in case HHC and HHO are not mix-sequenced. (e.g. playing GDA, playing no-HHC-used(==HHC-only-used)-DTX,...)
- Revived GAME OVER feature.
- Revived displaying DrumMIDI Information feature.
- Change the display position of the guitar COMBO and judgement, in case Bass sequences are not exist.
- Change to work non-Cinepak CODEC well. (However still some CODEC can't use, I know)
- Fix not to loop the playback AVI in case the AVI's rate and scale are large.
- Fix not to set x1,y1,x2,y2 to 0 (and as the result no BGA is drawn) in case 36-decimal BMP number is specified to #BGA or #BGAPAN.
- Add #VOLUME?. It is the same as #WAVVOL?, but it can use in GDAC2.
- Add #PAN?. It is the same as #WAVPAN?, but it can use in GDAC2.
- Support Invisible objects (ch.31〜39)?.
- Support open pick objects. ( ch.20 for the guitar? , ch.A0 for the Bass?. )
- Revived DebugInfo. You can show/hide them by pushing [Delete] while playing.
- Change the Guitar/Bass BAR color to gray.
- Change not to be BAD at the first no-chip-pick.
- Change the beginning number of the Guita/Bass COMBO to 2(two).
- Change Guita/Bass chip colors. (more lighter blue, more strong red/blue rays)
- Change the positions to left for the COMBO and the judgement mark in case no bass parts are available.
- Fix not to show the guitar chips in case Guitar=OFF in CONFIGURATION.
- Fix to work VSyncWait and NoSyncSleep in CONFIGURATION.
- Update DrumMIDI.dll to version 2.13. The author MMT says:
- In former version, DrumMIDI.dll allocates 20MB(fixed size) at startup. I changed the allocate timing to the beginning of playing MIDI file.
- At releasing DrumMIDI.dll, I change not to refer DirectDraw that has already released.
- Fix the bug that is in the reading section of map files.
- Add "COMBO" indications in the guitar/bass.
- Add "BAD" judgement in the guitar/bass.
- Add guitar/bass playing result informations in the RESULT screen (in case you plays songs which contains guitar/bass parts). The rank is the average of drums/guitar/bass.
- Now you can change full screen mode and window mode while playing songs.
- You can change "thread drive" and "idling drive" by DTXMania.ini.
- Now all souces are refactored.
- Change the guitar/bass images.
- Change the scroll speed of guita/bass. (half of drums)
- Change the maximum number of BARs: 999 to Z99. Note that the third position of a figure is 36-decimal expression (0-9,A-Z). It means the maximum measure number is 3599.
- Title bar shows the relase number. (in window mode only)
- Change the life gauge up/down ratio; Nearer the edge of max/min, smaller the up/down ratio.
- Fix not to be case-sensitive for the folder name "DTXFiles". (Now you can use "dtxfiles" etc)
- Fix not to include opaque colors in the DTXMania.exe icon.
- Fix not to proceed songs independently at "Please Wait" screen in B.A.S.S. session mode.
- Fix not to "warp" the wipe-in/out effect in playing screen.
- Support Task switcher (Alt-Tab).
- Support restoring DTXMania window from minimized one.
- Add training mode; (the feature to change the song tempo)
- Change the parameter of #WAVVOL and #WAVPAN; from dB ones to linear ones.
- I take a countermeasures to avoid null polygon.
- Optimizing fill-in effects. (alpha test)
- Add some messages in EXIT screen.
- Changed about preview images that..
- In case DTX has #PREIMAGE, DTXMania draws it as preview image.
- In case DTX doesn't have #PREIMAGE but has #BACKGROUND or #WALL, DTXMania draws it as oreview image with white frame.
- In case DTX doesn't have #PREIMAGE, #BACKGROUND and #WALL, DTXMania draws default image (none preview image..) as preview image.
- In case DTXMania fails to read any images for preview, DTXMania draws 2nd default image (DTXMania..) as preview image.
- Fix to set correct display mode at full screen mode.
- Fix to reset the drawing number of BAR lines correctly in BMS format. (See also the footnote in the DTX format ch.02(BAR length) descriptions.? )
- Add DamageLevel in CONFIGURATION to change the damage quantity for thelife gauge.
- Add #WAVVOL? and #WAVPAN? to change the volume and panning in each WAVs.
- Change the implementations to make full screen window.
- Use multithread.
- Add white frame in the frame of preview image area.
- Fix not to be GPF in case no songs in the DTXFiles folder.
- Fix not to be able to do any operations in case push [ESC] while in pause.
- Fix to add comments in DTXMania.ini in case no DTXMania.ini found.
- Fix to ignore comments after #WAVzz.
- Fix the no-sound-time calclations in the head of MP3.
- Fix not to ignore set.def file in case it contains only single item.
- Add feature to show a part of background/wall image as the preview image, in case DTX doesn't contain #PREIMAGE.
- Now you can push [SELECT] (on Guitar/Drums controller) to exit MUSIC box. (it is same as Floor tom)
- Add GAME OVER (STAGE FAILED) screen in case. You can enable/disable it in CONFIGURATION.
- Add [BGM Sound], [HitSound] and [Audience] to enable/disable BGM, drums hit sound and audience sound in CONFIGURATION. (Sorry it does't affect to MIDI yet.)
- Change to use DirectX5 to DirectX7.
- Add feature to make song files index. in bootup sequence, DTXMania uses it to statup faster, and checks only updates for DTXs.
- Change not to correct the lags among DTX-BPM and sound-BPM, in case that chip's current playing time is not exceed to 2 seconds.
- Change the number of levels in set.def; 3 to 5.
- Change the MUSIC SELECT bar with gradation.
- The MIDI initialize starts after presuming MIDI module what the MIDI file supposes to play.
- Exclude [Hi-Hat Pedal Kick] from the default key assigins.
- Divide CONFIDURATION screen into two screens; OPTION and CONFIGURATION.
- Fix not to push out the guitar frame from the BGA area.
- Fix not to show COMBO in center, in case COMBO=right and Guitar=OFF and DTX contains the guitar part.
- Fix the description of BGAlpha in CONFIGURATION; not "transparent degree of the background image" but "transparent degree of the frame image".
- Fix to reset the BAR length correctly in BMS format. (See also the footnote in the DTX format ch.02(BAR length) descriptions.?)
- Fix to mute the last chip sound and play new chip sound in the BGM channels except ch.01.
- Fix to work 9LaneMode=OFF correctly.
- Fix not to show 2 items for single BMS file in the SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Change the images in title/configuration screen to which contributed from Gaou. (thanks!)
- Change the images in playing screen to which contributed from Nori. (thanks!)
- Now you can push [Delete] to enable/disable putting DebugInfo in playing screen.
- Change preview image size to 203x269.
- Fix the description of BGAlpha. (the parameter is smaller, more transparent)
- Fix not to reset PreviewWait parameter to 1000 whenever you enter the CONFIGURATION.
- Fix the Guitar/Bass to be AUTO in case you set Guitar/Bass to AUTO&HIDDEN.
- Fix not to insert unnecessary white space after L2 label in case set.def file contains only L1 and L2 items.
- Change the designs for the bootup/select music/result screen to which contributed from Gaou. (thanks!)
- Add the title/CONFIGURATION screens. (poor designs by FROM)
- Add BPM and Lv. informations in SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Support multiple title blocks in single set.def file.
- Add SUDDEN, HIDDEN and DARK.
- Add #PREIMAGE? to show preview image.
- Add #BGAPAN? to pan bga images.
- Add the layer BGA channels 55-59, 60.? With existing channels 04? and 07? , now you can use 8 layer BGA channels for #BMP? , #BGA? and #BGAPAN? .
- Add the feature to avoid the delay of playing MP3.
Do you know when you start playing MP3, there are small time lags at the beginning of MP3 data?
The length of lags depends on the codecs.... it means the length of lags are different in every PC.
So, at the bootup, DTXMania measures the lags by decoding self-contained impulse mp3 data with installed mp3 codecs.
And DTXMania uses it to start playing mp3 chip a little faster in playing screen.
- In case DTX contains BGA or AVI, DTXMania clears BGA area to black at first. (because some DTX suppose it for their BGA.)
- Change not to be transparent for the life gauge.
- Change judgement algorithm. (though I feel it's not effective..)
- Change the font of the song names larger in the SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Change the decrease rate of MISS-damage. (larger to 1.5 times)
- Fix not to mute the playing sounds in case DTXMania window is inactive.
- Fix not to be small the other application windows when full-screen DTXMania is terminated.
- Fix not to get confused to draw fonts in font16.png.
- Fix not to draw BEAT lines in front of sound chips in case you play MIDI data.
- Fix sort order in SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Fix playing volume not to be maximize in case you play MIDI data. (I hope it solves the issue that the volume is different between MIDI-ride chip and MIDI-cymbal chip.)
- Fix to work monitor feature (boostup the volume feature) correctly in case you play MIDI data.
- Fix the relations between song title and song information(BPM, Lv. etc) correctly in the SELECT MUSIC screen.
- Add initializing MIDI. (I hope it solves the issue that MIDI can't play in the 2nd play.)
- Fix not to mute Cymbal sound in case HH and Cym are assigned to the same WAV and you play HH ->Cym -> HH.
- Fix the BMP number of #BGAzz? to use 36-decimal expression (01-ZZ).
- Fix some typo in the help file.
- Add multiple-PC-session features beased on DrumMIDI B.A.S.S. specifications.
- Now you can force to hit HHC and HHO separately. (as well as Cym and Ride.) You can enable/disable at [9LaneMode] in CONFIGURATION. (If 9LaneMode=ON, you have to hit HHC and HHO separately. if 9LaneMode=OFF, you can hit HHC and HHO at the same pad.)
- Now Hi-Hat lane becomes monophonic-sound lane. It means that the DTXMania mutes the last HH chip sound and start to play new incoming HH chip sound.
- Now you can exit MUSIC BOX by hitting floor tom.
- Change to show filename as the song title in case MIDI file doesn't contain title metadata.
- Change the preview sound volume to the normal one. (it was monitor(boost up) volume.)
- Change not to do flash effects when POOR.
- Fix to calculate BAR position correctly.
- Fix to the affection of BMS channel 02(BAR length) to the same BAR only. (See also the footnote in the DTX format ch.02(BAR length) descriptions.?)
- Fix to see-through the layer BGA corrctly.
- Fix not to add #BASEBPM? value to #BPM?.
- Add AdjustWaves feature.
(When you play long-time sound, the DirectX recognizes position of current playing, but the "real" position is different because the clocks are differnt between the sysytem(motherboard) and soundboard,
I found that pause/resume can reset the current playing position, and it takes away the lags.
So DTXMania does pause/resume for a moment at every BAR, in case AdjustWaves=ON.)
- Fix not to show the error "No error messages." :-)
- Fix to draw BGA correctly.
- You can change the delay time to start playing preview sound at PreviewSoundWait in CONFIGURATION.
- Support Extended tempo(BPM)?. (channel 08; BMS compatible)
- Support #BGA?. (BMS compatible)
- Add Pause feature in playing screen; push [Hankaku/Zenkaku] (Keyboard Grave Accent and Tilde) to pause/resume.
- Change to use 36-decimal expression (01-ZZ) in #WAV? , #BMP? , #BGA? , #AVI? and #BPM?.
- Change how to specify flip and wait in DTXMania.ini.
- Fix to show [MISS] over x3.5 speed.
- Fix not to revive deleted key assigns in DTXMania.ini.
- Add "Monitor" feature to boost up the volume of part which you wish to. (Drums/Guitar/Bass) You can enable/disable the feature by [DrumsMonitor], [GuitarMonitor] and [BassMonitor] in CONFIGURATION.
- Replace the DrumMIDI.DLL version to 2.09beta-2.
- Fix to be able to use joysticks in Windows98.
- Fix not to freeze at DTXMania bootup in Windows98.
- Fix not to fail to start thread,
Due to my HDD broken, I lost my formar all sources for DTXMania. So I define this Release 027a as the initial release of DTXMania. :-(
- Support Guitar/Bass.
- Support AVI play.
- Linked DrumMIDI.DLL to support MIDI files. (thanks to MMT)
- Support set.def file to group multiple DTX files to the single title item. Usually it will be used for bundling Normal/Real/ExpertReal etc.
- Support 32 bit depth color.
- I use DirectX5 runtime again. (not DirectX7)
- Partially I start using 3D geometry pipelines.